The Missouri Credentialling Board has approved the Meeting of the Minds Conference for 16 Contact Hours.
POST credit for law enforcement and public safety will be offered for certain sessions and there are a total of 13 POST hours available to claim. The sessions available for POST credit tentatively include:
- Law Enforcement Institute: Law Enforcement needs to be a Jack of All Trades, but most don’t know Jack about De-escalation
- Missouri Liquor Law Review
- Impaired Driving: There are Stupider Things, but it is a VERY Short List!
- Fraudulent Identifications: Wait, Who am I Again?
- Drug Facilitated Sexual Assault Investigations
- Missouri Legal Marijuana
- National Guidelines for Workplace Suicide Prevention: Upstream, Midstream & Downstream Practices (pending)
- Cannabis: Fact, Fiction, and Fantastical Thinking (pending)
- Seat Belts, Vaping, Syringe Access Programs, and Naloxone: The Continuum of Harm Reduction (pending)
Suicide Prevention Clock Hours
- NABITA Risk Rubric Training & Certification Course
- The Eye of the Survivor: Why Storytelling Matters in Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Promotion
- National Guidelines for Workplace Suicide Prevention: Upstream, Midstream & Downstream Practices
- Suicide Prevention: How to See the Warning Signs and Help Those at Risk
- The Tsunami After Suicide: Supporting Suicide Loss Survivors
- Suicide Prevention at the Small College; Maximizing Strategic Collaborations on Campus to Serve Students when Counseling Services is a One-Person Show
- A Holistic Approach to Suicide Prevention: Utilizing our Resources and Implementing a Compassionate Approach to Suicide Prevention
Provider Approval Statement(s): Continuing Education for Nurses and Continuing Medical Education
Continuing Medical Education The University of Missouri - Columbia School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Missouri - Columbia School of Medicine, designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 13 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nursing Contact Hours University of Missouri Sinclair School of Nursing is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission Accreditation. Participant may earn 13 contact hours.
Continuing Education from Missouri Credentialling Board for those with MCB Credentials or substance abuse prevention providers:
The following training has been approved by the MCB:
Meeting of the Minds Conference for 16 Contact Hours on April 13 – 15, 2023.
Continuing Education for Social Workers, Counselors, Psychologists and Mental Health Workers Program #: 23133 | Format: Live In-Person, Synchronous | Location: Kansas City Airport Hilton | Date(s): April 13-15, 2023 | Title: Meeting of the Minds
Missouri Institute of Mental Health (MIMH) Accreditation
The University of Missouri-St. Louis, Missouri Institute of Mental Health will be responsible for this program and will maintain a record of your continuing education credits earned.
MIMH awards a total of up to 18 clock hours or 21.6 contact hours (2.16 CEUs) for this program.
Total clock hours awarded include:
Suicide Prevention: up to 13 clock hours
*Clock Hour = 60 minutes, Contact Hour = 50 minutes, 1 CEU = 10 Contact Hours
CECH Credit for Health Education Professionals
Meeting of the Minds/Central College Health Association 2023 Conference has been reviewed and approved for a total of 18.5 entry-level CECH by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialling. No CECH have been approved for advanced-level credits. No Continuing Competency CECH were approved.